If you wish to submit your resume, you may upload it here.
写文书 Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences.
写文书 Why are you drawn to the area(s) of study you indicated earlier in this application? (You may share with us a skill or concept that you found challenging and rewarding to learn, or any experiences beyond course work that may have broadened your interest.)
写文书 What do you hope to experience at Brown through the Open Curriculum, and what do you hope to contribute to the Brown community?
写文书 Tell us about the place, or places, you call home. These can be physical places where you have lived, or a community or group that is important to you.
写文书 The Program in Liberal Medical Education (Both questions are required.)
- Committing to a future career as a physician while in high school requires careful consideration and self-reflection. What values and experiences have led you to believe that becoming a doctor in medicine is the right fit for you?
- Most people describe a career as a physician/doctor as a "profession", beyond a job. Describe for us what "professionalism" and "the profession of a physician/doctor" mean to you.
- How do you envision the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) helping you to meet your academic personal and professional goals as a person and as a physician of the future?
写文书 The Brown|RISD A.B./B.F.A. Dual Degree program provides an opportunity to explore your interests and prepare for the future in two distinct learning environments. Considering your understanding of both academic programs, describe how and why the specific combination of the art/design-focused curriculum of RISD and the wide-ranging courses and curricula of Brown could constitute an optimal undergraduate education for you.
写文书 We all exist within communities or groups of various sizes, origins, and purposes; pick one and tell us why it is important to you, and how it has shaped you.
写文书 Since you have expressed an interest in Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Mathematics or Physics, we would like to know a bit more about you.
- Tell us about a skill or concept related to your anticipated area of study, that you found challenging and rewarding to learn.
- Please list the courses, including those you may have taken outside your secondary school, that relate to your chosen field.
The Program in Liberal Medical Education (Both questions are required.)
- Most high school seniors are unsure about eventual career choices. What experiences have led you to consider medicine as your future profession? Please describe specifically why you have chosen to apply to the Program in Liberal Medical Education in pursuit of your career in medicine. Also, be sure to indicate your rationale on how the PLME is a "good fit" for your personal, academic, and future professional goals.
- Since the Program in Liberal Medical Education espouses a broad-based liberal education, please describe your fields of interest in both the sciences and the liberal arts. Be specific about what courses and aspects of the program will be woven into a potential educational plan.
In choosing to apply for the Brown-RISD A.B./B.F.A. dual degree program, your interests and future plans will be influenced and enhanced by the courses offered by both colleges. We are curious as to why you have chosen to apply for this specific dual degree program; please tell us your reasons for selecting it, and what you envision as its impact on your education and career.
Because you have expressed an interest in Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Mathematics or Physics, we would like to know a bit more about you. Respond to the following questions separately, and please remember to include the number corresponding to each question in your uploaded response!
- Many applicants to college are unsure about eventual majors. What factors led you to your interest? What experiences beyond school work have broadened your interest? (Feel free to elaborate on one of your previous responses.)